Dog ownership is like parenting, you have to make sure that your children are provided with all their basic needs. This may sound hard but not impossible to do... you just have to follow what the law says on responsible pet ownership.
Here are some ways you can do to get the hang of it:
1. Have your dog regularly vaccinated against Rabies and maintain a registration card which shall contain all vaccinations conducted on your dog;
2. Submit your dog for mandatory registration;
3. Maintain control over your dog and do not allow it to roam the streets or any public place without a leash;
4. Provide your dog with proper grooming, adequate food and clean shelter;
5. Report within 24 hours to the concerned officials any dog biting incident committed by your pet for investigation or for any appropriate action
and place such dog under observation by a government or private veterinarian; and
6. Assist the dog bite victim immediately and shoulder the medical expenses incurred and other incidental expenses relative to the victim’s injuries.
Following these will surely get you out from any problem as dog owner.
For more information, please visit http://www.paws.org.ph/anti-rabies-act-ra-9482.html.